KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI – The Warrior Volleyball Team managed to win Saturday’s matchup against Ozark Christian College. Both teams served inconsistently with too many unforced errors. Calvary was able to separate themselves because of a stronger front-line performance. Their hitters, led by Leah Grady, Elle Davis, and Haley Arneson outplayed the Ozark front line. Ozark had a lot of unforced errors from their hitters which let Calvary take advantage and go on to win the match. Haley Arneson had a terrific all-around match with ten digs, three ace serves and a strong serve that won twenty points on the day for CU. The teams started out each taking a set. As they entered set three, Calvary took over and wasn’t going to lose again. The Warriors won in four sets 3-1.
INSIDE THE LINES
- Elle Davis and Haley Arneson both had six kills.
- Leah Grady led the offense with a total of 16 kills.
- Haley Arneson was a strong defense with 21 total serves and three aces.
- Basia Nesbett-Tucker led the setting effort with 28 assists for the entire match.
- Elle Davis led the team in blocking with three big blocks.
The Warriors will stay home when they go up against Cottey College at 6:00 p.m. September 7.